BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Moving Day

I've decided to re-start my blog here, so I've moved the (pitiful) 2 entries I had on my old site. And I had to laugh when I noticed that the 1st was in Feb, the 2nd was in April & I plan on starting up again this month (June)...apparently, I'm on the blog-every-2-months plan. What can I say? I've always been sort of a non-traditional, do things my own way kinda' gal.


Speak No Evil 04/01/2009

My husband has written on his blog about some of the things children say and I just thought I'd expand on it, especially since yesterday morning provided me with the perfect opportunity.
I was dozing on the couch (as I am wont to do since my children have a habit of rising before the roosters) when my darling 4 year old daughter asked me "Mommy, what's that word on the refrigerator?" Now, we have all kinds of crap on our fridge, my daughter reads at a 1st-2nd grade level, and I've been exhausted from one of my meds (which I will thankfully be going off of!), so I barely lifted my head & said "Can you spell it for me, honey?" to which she replied "F...U...C... (about this time, I bolted upright on the couch & whipped my head towards the fridge, just as she said the last letter)...X" (WHEW!)
It turns out that she had been looking at our Leap Frog Fridge Phonics letters, and I had scooped several of them up off the floor the night before-apparently putting them back on the fridge in rather unfortunate placement. I explained to her that it wasn't a word, it was just how the letters were put together when I picked them up off the floor & it could have just as easily been XFCU. Her response? "That's silly! You can't even say that!"
Now I can only hope that I don't get a call from her (church-run) preschool letting us know that Miss Thing has informed the class that "FUCX isn't a word."

Invitation 02/16/2009

So I kept saying I was going to start a blog to purge everything out of my mind (like brain-vomit) and couldn't possibly handwrite a journal again because the partial-OCD in me would want to rip out a page every time I made a mistake. Hmm, maybe I should look into ring-binder style journals...nahh, I think my mom & brother's snooping through my diary during childhood scarred me...and yet, here I am publishing a blog on the innerwebs.
Anyway, those of you who know me know that I tend to be a little, um, "all over the place" to put it nicely. So basically this blog is going to sound like it is written by a bipolar paranoid schizophrenic w/Tourettes who remembers to take her medication only occasionally. In reality, I do not have those particular heath disorders, but have/have had more than my fair share of others & am not ashamed to talk about any of them-including the "girl stuff." Oh and by the way, it's not paranoia if they REALLY ARE out to get you.
So, I'm not sure how often I'll blog-could be frequently, could be a while between blogs. I'd like to claim that I have a life too, but we all know how often I'm on Facebook. I do however have a 4 year old, a 10 month old & a husband who occasionally acts like a 2 year old, and they do keep me somewhat busy. Until next time I'll leave you with one of my faves from good ol' Shel Silverstein, which is where I "borrowed" the title for my blog:

Invitation
If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!

0 comments: