BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Virus Detected

I was supposed to post my BlogapaLOSEa update on Monday or Tuesday, but have been feeling kinda' crummy this week. Apparently, so are many of the people around where I live, since we had to wait over an hour at Urgent Care last night (and that was just to be called back to a room-we waited another 20 minutes to be seen.) On the plus side, my 4 y.o. daughter & I don't have ear infections or the flu, we have "a virus" that has been going around. I suspect my 17-month old son may have it too, since he had a massive diaper blowout on Tuesday-the same day I was in/out of the bathroom all day-not that you wanted to know. And, when you're already feeling like crap, the last thing you really need is the sight & smell of it everywhere. Since I'm not allowed to bathe my children by myself, I had to call hubs at work & have him come home to give the boy a bath, then go back to work. FYI: The reason I'm not allowed to bathe my kids by myself is that I'm an epileptic & have had some issues w/my seizure control this year. I can only change my son's diaper on the floor, I can't take a shower unless someone else is home, and I haven't been able to drive since May-but barring any more seizures, I'll be allowed to drive again at the end of this month...at which point it becomes a matter of how I feel about it. Whether I feel I'm ready. But I digress...

OK, so from Wed 9/9-Mon 9/14 I lost 5 lbs! That makes a total of 7 lbs so far. I've been really good about drinking water, to the point that when I tried to drink some ginger ale on Tues. to settle my stomach, the carbonation actually upset it more. I had Hubs help me load a bunch of music onto my MP3 player to walk/exercise to and that has really been great, but I still have plenty of room so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to suggest! I prefer something w/a good beat to keep me going, but there's always a need for cool-down songs too. And I'll listen to almost anything; here's a sample of who I have on there so far: Alanis, Live, Motley Crue, Metallica, KC and the Sunshine Band, Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, GNR, Rick Astley, Sublime, C & C Music Factory...and more. As far as the actual exercise goes, I've been using our elliptical, treadmill & recumbant bike. I will start adding in the Ab-lounge & some other toning/strengthening exercises with time. As it gets cooler & less humid, I also plan to walk in my subdivision more. I had an awesome walk Sat. evening-Hubs got the kids ready for bed & I did 2 rounds. My subdivision is great for walking because it's essentially a big loop w/a smaller loop in the middle, and it's hilly (is that even a word? Spellcheck isn't yelling at me...) so you get a decent workout.

We went to Fazoli's for dinner last Sat. since kids eat free on weekends. Fazoli's is very generous w/their portions, so I've never needed to get anything larger than a small spaghetti w/meat sauce & usually can't finish the whole thing. Of course, I usually also eat 3 or 4 of their incredibly yummy garlic butter breadsticks and get a large Coke. I went in with a better mindset this time: I asked for a to-go container & immediately put half of my order of small spaghetti w/meat sauce in it. That made what was on my plate a more realistic portion size. I got a large drink, but it was ice water & I only ate 2 breadsticks. Then Hubs, daughter & I all shared a piece of chocolate cake. Miss Thing had devoured her dinner & was digging into the cake at warp speed...but then, she has the metabolism of a hummingbird on meth.

We picked up a digital kitchen scale at Meijer on Sun. It's a Taylor/Biggest Loser brand & the one I had actually been looking at online. This will help w/my portion control & also with some of the bulk shopping separation we do. Speaking of The Biggest Loser, Hubs & I watched it for the first time ever on Tues evening, and I just have to say Bob is an idiot & Jillian is an evil shrew. During the 1st weigh-ins, Bob was making all of these exaggerated horribly shocked/disgusted faces. They cut to a clip of just him after the heaviest woman was weighed, and he said "476 pounds?! Oh my God, this girl is big!" Um, no duh, Bob. Why do you think she's there?! And I seriously just wanted to punch Jillian in the throat. Screaming & swearing at people, calling them lazy & pathetic-it doesn't seem helpful or inspiring to me, it seems more like some of the obnoxious jerks I went to high school with. I had a conversation w/my best friend about it on Facebook & told her that someone screaming at me wouldn't make me "want it" more & that she needs to have more respect for the people she's working with. However, I'm thinkin' we'll be watching again.

**As of right now, I don't have a picture for this week since I've been feeling ucky. I managed a shower this evening, so if I manage a pic tomorrow, I'll add it.

0 comments: